Monday 7 May 2007

Once upon a blog...

If you've found this site so soon, then you probably already know about the Purlescence Storytellers challenge. We had such fun for six months, I couldn't bear to shut it down completely. But it was an awful lot of work. So here's the new plan. I'll post a new challenge here every month, and you'll have just that month to design something. Email me (purlescence AT gmail DOT com) your submissions and I'll post them here. Everything will get posted; this is no longer a competition, more of a fun challenge for those who want to participate. With maybe a few spot prizes.

How far this goes is really up to all of you. I know you have enjoyed Storytellers (almost) as much as I have. I'd love to see you having just as much fun with this — and the best part is, you'll be able to see so much more of the talent that came my way every month, now that I'm not trying to limit myself to the few "best"!

That's enough introduction. Time to get cracking. The first challenge (which will last, unusually, until the end of June) puts you up against one of my very favourites... none other than the slayer herself. (Come on. You've never looked at those giant Lantern Moon needles and wondered?) You've got plenty of time for this first one, so no excuses: tell us, what would Buffy knit?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful! i'm so glad you're keeping the challenge going.

tonks

Anonymous said...

Fab. Really looking forward to seeing what challenges lay ahead. Fantastic way to keep it going and to see such a range of inspiring ideas that I am sure will develop.
Mel

Robynn said...

Thanks for the enthusiasm! Now, you know what you have to do...